- Demonstrated experience in the federal government contracting environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- At least 10 years of hands-on knowledge and experience as a GS-13 Employee and Labor Relations Specialist or higher grade level
- Experience drafting adverse action notices, agency proposals and responses
- Experience preparing agency responses to union officials, members of congress, etc.
- Experience in carrying out goals/objectives for an employee and labor relations program and evaluating the effectiveness of the program in meeting those goals;
- Experience ensuring that employee and labor-management relations functions and recommended courses of action are fully compliant with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Experience integrating employee relations and labor management programs with other critical programs and activities;
- Has provided the full range of employee and labor relations services, work products and expert level advice and support to supervisors, managers and executives within an agency.
- Formulates and interprets policy related to labor relations, disciplinary/adverse actions, performance management, leave and attendance management, and grievances/appeals.
- A general knowledge and understanding of basic investigative techniques
- Ability to maintain accurate, thorough, and confidential investigatory records and reports of findings
- Possess a thorough knowledge of, along with the ability to interpret, communicate and apply discrimination, harassment, affirmative action and equal opportunity laws, regulations, and concepts
- Ability to plan, conduct and organize investigations and to prepare written reports
- Ability to listen, identify, elicit, distill, and analyze essential information needed to assess and resolve problems and issues
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional relationships in dealing with sensitive, complex legal issues and situations
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with a diverse population
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint software
Clearance Level: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BNL, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants and prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call (571) 287-7865 or email email@example.com.